neuroNicle FX2 transmits the measured data to the host in real time. EEG data, as well as EEG spectrum, heart rate, heart rate interval, and device status information are transmitted in real time. Refer to the communication specification (LXSDF T2A) document and the neuroNicle FX2 data layout document (LXE141), it is possible to directly implement a host device program suitable for a user.
Available host device to communicate with neuroNicle FX2.
The neuroNicle FX2 supports communication via the Bluetooth (SPP) interface and can also be connected to a smart phone or a general PC equipped with a Bluetooth dongle via a Bluetooth connection.
cautions – Smartphone needs to support Bluetooth profile SPP for communication connection.Most of the latest Android phones support Bluetooth SPP. Not all products from Apple are capable of communicating with devices because Bluetooth SPP is not supported.
neuroNicle FX2 is recognized as a serial port on the host device.
Since the Bluetooth uses the SPP profile, it is automatically recognized as a serial port (com port) on the host device. On the communication software side, the device connection establishes com port communication, and communication with the device is started.
It is possible to develop an app in all development tools that can COM port communicate.
- SmartPhone : Android Studio, Eclipse etc.
- Windows PC : MS Visual Studio(C #, C ++, Basic, etc.),Python, Delphi, Java, LabVIEW, MATLAB, etc.
Documents for App. Developer
- This document defines the Bluetooth serial communication specification of neuroNicle FX2.
- neuroNicle FX2’s communication is based on serial communication format and is based on LXSDF T2A (LX Serial Data Format Type 2A) as a format for transmitting various types of data.
- This manual explains what data is placed in the LXSDF T2A format for neuroNicle FX2.
LXSDF T2A Based Communication.
The LXSDF T2A format is used as the data format for Bluetooth serial communication of neuroNicle FX2.
Full documentations for LXSDF T2A : http://laxtha.net/lxsdf-t2a